Becoming A Master (BAM!) Barber Workshops:
With a concentrated commitment to help strengthen the barber industry, Robert C. Clarke, NYS Supervising Examiner, is pleased to announce BAM! Barber Workshops. Workshops designed exclusively for the barber and/or stylist who wants to advance their skills to the next level in "The Art of Barbering".
Taught by Examiners of the NYS Barber Practical Examination Team
Licensed Barbers with more than ten(10) years of professional experience, who specializes in the workshops they teach.
BAM! Barber Workshop Team's Knowledge & Experience
Participants will benefit from advanced training that will strengthen them confidently to deliver professional barbering services to customers of all ethnicity.
Certificate Given Upon Completion Workshop
Workshop Participation Certificates is given out at the end of most workshops to all participants who demonstrates thoroughly that their ability and skills have advanced as a result of the workshop(s) they participated in.
These Action Packed, Hands-On, Practical Workshops will help all participants become a Master at the Art of Barbering and build confidence behind the chair when delivering any type of barbering services. All BAM! Barber Workshops are taught by Examiners of the NYS Barber Practical Examination Team, and Licensed Barbers with more than Ten(10) years of professional experience, who specializes in the workshops they teach. In collaboration with Christopher Felder, Owner of The Long Island Barber Institute, these workshops have been hand picked to zoom-in closely on areas in our profession that needs the most attention. With the BAM! Barber Workshop Team's knowledge and experience, participants will benefit from advanced training that will strengthen them confidently to deliver professional barbering services to their customers. Our focus is not to take the place of an Barber School
but rather to complement your training and experience with post-secondary workshops that concentrates on a spacific skill.
Participants are required to bring their own supplies and Client to the workshops where stated. As an added convenience, supplies may be purchased at the workshop location, or when registering on-line. If participants are not able to find a client to assist them for any of the workshops they register for, alternatives may be available - just indicate so at the time of registration. Because BAM! Barber Workshops are concentrated and focuses on a specific skill, we take detailed steps to assure that each participant receives a thorough experience. Workshops are typically 2-3 hours at length. Please make preparations for both you and your client to participate for this time period. Vending refreshments are available on the premises!
All Workshops Offered Are As Follows:
MASTERING THE ARTS SERIES:
- The Art of Clipper Blending (Tapering, Fading, Clipper Over Comb Blending)
- The Art of Hair Sculpturing (Afros, Flattops, Gumbys, Slopes, Mo Hawks, Shaggs)
- The Art of Scissor Cutting (Scissor Over Comb, Scissor Over Finger, Scissor Arching)
- The Art of Hair Lining The Head and Face (Trimmers and Razors)
- The Art of Shaving (14 Shaving Areas in Detail)
- The Art of Facial Massaging (The Basic Facial and Packs)
- The Art of Shampooing
- The Art of Hair Dying and Coloring
- The Art of Basic Lignzes and Dezignzes (Shapes, Letters, Numbers and Symbols)
- The Art of Advanced Lignzes and Dezignzes (Cartoon Characters and Portraits)
- The Responsibility of a Master and Apprentice Barber
- Legal Requirements to Open and Operate a Barbershop
- Infection Control Certification (Safety and Sanitation Practices)
- Barbershop Fines and How to Avoid Them
- Rules behind Selling Products in your Barbershop
- NYS Barber Exam Preparation
- Barber Etiquette 101